Today FIFA is announcing in Sao Paulo the three finalists candidates for nomination as best football player in the world, next 7 January 2013 in Zurich.
We have analyzed what people are saying about the three finalists in tweets published in Spanish.
According to the analysis, the favourites to be in the last three candidates short list are:
1. Leo Messi (FC Barcelona): 33.9% mentions
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid): 21.6%
3. Radamel Falcao (Atlético de Madrid): 16.5%
4. Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona): 16.1%
5. Iker Casillas (Real Madrid): 6.9%
6. Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona): 2.9%
7. Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid): 1%
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter/PSG): 0.4%
Actual 3 finalists:
Ronaldo, Iniesta and Messi are the three nominees for the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012 (FIFA Web Site, 29 November 2012)
As for coaches, the finalists are
Vicente del Bosque (Esp)
Pep Guardiola (FC Barcelona)
José Mourinho (Real Madrid
Who win become the FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012 Winner?
Last four seasons, the football player most valuable in terms of global media impact (MRI Universidad de Navarra estimates), evtentually became the Ballon d’Or. See in this post in our blog who is expected to be announced as winner this next 7 January 2013 in Zurich, based on media value prediction:
Other analysis in this site about FIFA Ballon d’Or
- Why Football Fans in Twitter Wish that Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012
- FIFA Ballon d’Or. Predictions and Media Impact Analysis
- FIFA Ballon d’Or 2012 Three Finalists: What Twitter in Spanish Predicts
- Football Media Value Report 2012 (in English); In Spanish